Patty Holderman, LCSW
Oxford HealthCare is a contracted provider with Department of Human Services and Oklahoma HealthCare Authority for the following Medicaid programs:
- State Plan Personal Care
- Living Choice
- Sooner Seniors
- My Life My Choice
- Cherokee Eldercare Pace Program
Long Term Care Tulsa
Through the Long Term Care Department at Oxford HealthCare, services are provided to persons who qualify for any of the above programs, at no cost to the individual or their families.
Many elderly and disabled people qualify for these services, allowing them to receive the care needed to remain as independent as possible in their own homes. We have been a home care provider for Advantage and State Plan Personal Care programs since 1992 and continue to have the privilege to serve many members in Tulsa and throughout eastern Oklahoma.
Anyone interested in receiving long term care services may request to be screened for eligibility. Our intake staff at Oxford HealthCare can assist in initiating a referral to the Department of Human Services (DHS), or Oklahoma Health Care Authority for Living Choice, Sooner Senior, and My Life My Choice programs, the regulatory agency responsible for State Plan Personal Care and the ADvantage programs. Eligibility determination involves meeting both financial* and level of care guidelines for the program.
*Individuals who have Medicaid coverage have already been determined financially eligible.
Individuals that meet the basic requirements of the ADvantage program will have a DHS nurse come to the home and complete a qualification assessment. If the individual is approved the following are services that can be provided by Oxford through the ADvantage program.
- Personal care Assistants – housekeeping, personal care such as bathing, nail care and shaving, meal preparation services and errands.
- Case management – oversees service plan development and ongoing services, including arranging for durable medical equipment, home delivered meals and other supportive services.
- RN and LPN visits – Initial assessments, skilled nursing, ongoing monitoring and nursing interventions as needed.
Other ADvantage services may include:
- Home delivered meal preparation services
- Adult day care
- Respite for caregivers
- Occupational, physical, speech, and respiratory therapy
- Skilled nursing
- Specialized medical equipment and supplies
- Advanced supportive assistance
Those persons who meet eligibility requirements for State Plan Personal Care will also have a DHS nurse complete a qualifying home assessment. Approved services could include PCA services (as with ADvantage) and RN visits to assist with service plan development and supervisory visits.
Through the Living Choice Program, a Transitional Coordinator for Oxford assists nursing home residents in their transition to an independent living situation, such as an apartment or back to their own home. Candidates for this program must have resided in the nursing facility under Medicaid for a minimum of 3 months (a portion of which must be under Medicaid payor) prior to transitioning out under Living Choice. Participants in the Living Choice Program may receive many of the same services that are provided through the ADvantage program, plus assistance with arranging housing, covering deposits, and obtaining basic furniture and supplies.
Participants can remain on the Living Choice Program for one year and will then transition to Sooner Senior (65+) or My Life My Choice (under 65) to receive ongoing services in their home.
Feel free to contact us for long-term care consultation and qualification criteria.
Cherokee Elder Care - PACE Program provides a variety of services to program participants. In order to be eligible, individuals must be
- 55 years of age or older,
- certified by the state of needing nursing home level care,
- adequately evaluated to be safely cared for at home,
- and live in the designated service area for this program.
Oxford provides Personal Care and Nursing assessments and visits through this program. See www.cherokee.org for more in depth information.